Friday, July 31, 2009
Thursday, July 30, 2009
We have a date for the 1st Swap Party and it is going to be a GREAT one! ;)
It is on Tuesday August 11th at 7:30 PM,
make sure to get there on time swapping will begin at 8PM !
And we have a great location for us.
It's at Novecento on lincoln rd. ( 430 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL, 33139.) www.bistronovecento.com/es/index.php?i=4
$5 cover ( for the beautiful establishment)
but you get a DRINK ticket redeemable for a glass of sparkling wine, red or white wine or draft beer.
After the first drink each person can order drinks at happy hour prices or appetizers.
Also for those of you who would like to stay for dinner, the management at Novecento has offered us a great 3 course menu deal for only $22 each.
And last but not least....You get FREE NEW-TO-YOU items to cherish until our next Swap party! ;)
(Please RSVP and let us know if you would like to join for dinner, otherwise just bring the clothes to exchange...remember the more you bring the more new-to-you items you can take home!)
(Also I am looking for volunteers for the night of the event, please email me so we can meet before hand! thank you in advance!)
Don't hesitate to call or email with any questions! and SIGN UP in our meetup group! www.meetup.com/closetcycle
Lincoln Road Gallery Walk
If you bring this month's invitation printed (or on your cell phone) you'll be able to enjoy hors d'oeuvres and wine inside different artist's studios. A cash bar is also available.
After you get your necessary dose of creativity and art you can also enjoy some of Miami Beach's best restaurants and bars along Lincoln Rd. A perfect beginning to your Saturday night.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Monday, July 27, 2009
The popular Jazz at MOCA series presents FREE outdoor concerts on the last Friday of every month. Featuring some of the great jazz players locally and globally, Jazz at MOCA appeals to all audience, young and old. Why not make a picnic out of it? Bring a blanket, a nice bottle of wine and pizza and have a romantic evening out on the town. Bring your own lawn chair if you want and sit back and enjoy the music! Whatever you do, don't forget to come inside the museum and check out what MOCA has up on exhibition! Don't worry - the galleries are open by donation! So bring your friends, your family, or that special someone and see what MOCA has to offer! Art for your eyes AND ears!
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Stitchin'' Boozin'' BitchesGet your crafty on...
We will be drinkin', crochetin', knittin' and bitchin' - come hang out and learn to make stuff!
Bring your supplies for your craft project that you are already working on or bring something new! If this is your first time, we recommend getting a starter kit from any craft or yarn store.
Every Monday 8pm til Midnight.
The Standard invites you to delve into the minds of the greatest American artists of the 20th Century.
Screenings are free and on the last Monday of each month at 8pm. Click here for descriptions of upcoming viewings.
"Beautiful Losers" will be featured for our next screening on July 27, 2009:
BEAUTIFUL LOSERS celebrates the spirit behind one of the most influential cultural moments of a generation. In the early 1990s a loose-knit group of like-minded outsiders found common ground at a little NYC storefront gallery. Rooted in the DIY (do-it-yourself) subcultures of skateboarding, surf, punk, hip hop & graffiti, they made art that reflected the lifestyles they led. Developing their craft with almost no influence from the "establishment" art world, this group and the subcultures they sprang from have now become a movement that has been transforming pop culture.
Starring a selection of artists who are considered leaders within this culture, Beautiful Losers focuses on the telling of personal stories. It speaks to themes of what happens when the outside becomes "in" as it explores the creative ethos connecting these artists and today's youth.
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
All the restaurants participating this week are yummy (or sound yummy, haven't eaten at all of them yet) and are a great idea for a girls night out, date night, etc.
$25 Prix Fixe Dinners!
Monday, July 20, 2009 - Sunday, July 26, 2009 restaurants will offer a special 3-course prixe fixe menu for $25 (+ tax and tip) dinners.
Here are a few important tips to enjoy Yelp Eats! Restaurant Week:
1. Call to make reservations, and request the Yelp Eats menu!
2. $25 does NOT include tax/tip or additional items.
3. Spread the word, this deal is open to all!
Here are the participating restaurants and brief menu options:
660 at The Anglers
1. Andalusian Gazpacho or Risotto & Mushroom Croquetas
2. Pappardelle Carbonara or Half Chicken "Al Mattone" or Moules-Frites
3. Liquid Center Chocolate Cake or Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta
1. Grouper Cakes or Peruvian Style Tiradito or Bahamian Conch Salad
2. Grouper Ravioli or Yellowjack with mustard sauce or Breaded Filet of Mackerel
3. Passion Fruit Mousse with Crème Anglaise or Tiramisu
Au Pied de Cochon
1. Warm Crispy Camembert Cheese, Beetroot & Apple Salad or Escargots Vol au Vent Provencale
2. Grilled Salmon Filet or Grilled Andouillette or Duck Confit Parmentier
3. Red Fruit Clafoutis, Raspberry Sorbet or Apple Tatin Tart, Sour cream, Caramel Sauce
1. Organic Greens Salad or Pork and Shrimp Shu Mai
2. Salmon Teriyak or Wok Seared Kobe beef or Chicken Pad Thai or Tofu Vegetable Pad Thai
3. Mango Rice Pudding or Coconut Flan
1. Sausage, cannellini beans, tomatoes, and greens casserole or Mixed Plate
2. Spaghetti with littleneck clams or Pappardelle with mini veal meatballs or Risotto of the day prepared with vegetables seafood or meats
3. Homemade amaretti gelato or Ricotta almonds chocolate figs semifredo
1. Eggplant timbale or Baby arugula salad or Beet carpaccio with celery salad
2. Pasta or risotto of the day or Large shellshaped pasta or Pennette or Crepes filled with ham, fontina cheese and cabbage or Giancarla's fish stew
3. Selection of homemade desserts
1. Grilled Homemade Argentine Style Sausage or Bay Scallops Involtini
2. Hand Cut Angus Sirloin Steak or Egg Pappardelle or Grilled Free-Range Chicken Breast
3. Graziano's caramel filled (Dulce De Leche) crepes Flambé with orange liquor or Argentine style cake
1. Choice of three Ceviche Spoons
2. Mexican Tortilla Lasagna or Rice Platter "Chino del Chifa" or Chopped Celia's Salad with Chicken
3. Palomas de Cajeta or Flan de Queso
1. Pears and Manchego Salad or Goat Cheese and Yuca Croquettes or Tapa of Ceviche
2. Chicken Saltado or Salmon with Scallops or Fettuccini
3. Peruvian Style Dulce de Leche Topped with Port Meringue or Sorbets
1. Hot and Sour Popcorn Shrimp or Sesame Chicken Salad
2. Skirt Steak or Grilled Fish Szechuan Style or Spaghettini
3. Drunken Grape Parfait or Vanilla Creme Brulee
1. Tuna Tartar or Tuna Yuke or Thai Combination Platter
2. Chicken Teriyaki or Santini Roll or Mitch Roll
3. Fried Ice Cream or Thai Donuts or Green Tea Ice Cream
Red, The Steakhouse
1. "Red" House Salad or Classic Caesar
2. Bucatini, Meatball, Red Lead or CAB Prime Sirloin Steak or Fish du jour
3. Housemade Sorbet or Molten Chocolate Cake
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Monday, July 13, 2009
Friday, July 10, 2009
July 11, 2009 07:00PM - 10:00PM
Visit the Design District and experience a gallery walk featuring inspiring art, design, music, cocktails, dining and shopping. Every Second Saturday of the Month from 7:00 - 10:00 PM
Design District Gallery Map
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Battle of the Bands Night
at Transit Lounge
United Way Young Leaders invite you to join us this Thursday for Battle of the Bands Night at Transit Lounge. Grunge Kat and Transit Lounge
present: Four Bands in ONE NIGHT! Come experience four great rock bands performing to raise money for United Way of Miami-Dade. Featuring: Day Music Died, It Is What It Is, Sun Dry Cilo, and Vladez.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
9 - 11:30 pm
729 Southwest First Avenue, Miami
Suggested donation of $10 - All proceeds to benefit United Way
MAM Summer NightsCome to MAM every second Thursday during the Summer months to enjoy a late night at the Museum under the stars. Experience the convergence of creativity as the visual & performing arts come together in new & exciting ways!
This month features "Re-visit, Re-vision, Re-verb", a series of world premiere dance works created especially for this one night! Come see pieces in MAM's current exhibitions come to life through movement!
MAM Members $5; Non-members $10
07/09/09 06:30PM - 09:00PM
Miami Art Museum
101 West Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33130
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Fresh Beer Summer Tasting at Town Kitchen & Bar, $20
One block south of the Shops of Sunset, just west of Red Road.
(One block west of Gardner’s Market).