Lunch at JB Kitchen and Bar (Brickell)

By | 2:55 PM Leave a Comment


JB Kitchen and Bar (in Brickell, at the old Badrutts location, same owners as Badrutts..) invited I Heart Miami (and 3 food loving friends) to come check out their restaurant and food.

First impressions do last. First things I noticed were the interiors. The interiors have been redecorated to give the restaurant a more masculine/gastro-pub vibe and maybe it's because I love interior decorating, but I found it to be beautiful and simple. Navy walls, cream and camel seating.. Very tastefully detailed.

The wait staff and hostesses are very inviting and friendly, and seemed genuinely concerned that we were comfortable and well taken care of (which we were!) For appetizers, we shared the Spinach and Artichoke Dip..Yes, we can get Spinach and Artichoke dip anywhere, but I really like S&A Dip, and the appetizer menu had a lot of seafood (which sadly I'm allergic too, and if you're eating out with me..well too bad..) The S&A dip was very very tasty and cheesy and artichokey (good thing!). The chips were fried wonton chips with just the right amount of salt and very light tasting (except when you eat 3/4 of it). Friend #2 had the soup special of the day (tomato soup and crab and veggies) and she pretty much drank it finished, so I'm going to assume she enjoyed it!

I had heard one of the chef's from Michael's Genuine is now a chef at JB, so once I saw the short rib sandwich with fontina cheese on the menu, I knew I had to try it, and I had to have it with the truffled parmesean fries. Both sandwich and fries were winners. I couldn't come close to finishing the sandwich (they have large portions) but it will be my dinner for tonight. The other ladies had pan seared salmon and angel hair crab pasta, and from the looks on everyone's faces and pants, they looked happily satisfied! Unfortunately, we didn't have room for dessert, but I'll try to remember to make room next time.


All in all, it was a very nice, casual lunch with friends. It's definitely a warm and inviting atmosphere to the Brickell lunch scene with indoor and outdoor seating(yay! also, great pricing on sandwiches/salads) , and it will be a great addition to the happy hour/night scene for the Brickell area.

Check out the restaurant and their menu at: http://www.jbkitchenandbar.com/



0 comments: